My First Year of University Experience


Image result for monsters university

Just a bit of background information, I study philosophy and politics at an undisclosed university in the south east of England. Before starting I was terrified of leaving home, having to make new friends and coming to grips with a uni course work load. Within my first week most of these fears were completely diminished.

Freshers week was an amazing week, I honestly thought I would find no friends and be stuck in my room watching Netflix. Oh was I wrong, by the end of the week I had made some of the closest friends I think I'll ever have and made so many memories. We went to every fresher event, roamed the campus, got lost far too many times and drunk way too much. 

My first week of lectures and seminars was bit harder. Little did I know the work load was only going to go up. It took me awhile to get use to the readings and find friends in my modules. Turns out I was never really going to get use to it fully, but it's fine everyone was in the same boat. Late night library sessions the day before your essay was due fueled by red bull and chocolate seemed to be a common occurrence. Between stressful deadlines, early morning lectures and confusing reading material I would still have to say this has been the best year of my life so far. Yes its been stressful but I've had the most wonderful time and grown so much. Although my time management could use some work and probably haven't made the best decision when drunk I wouldn't change anything. I can't wait to start my second year, living with the best people ever, living somewhere I love and making more memories. 

Comments

Popular Posts